Protecting your privacy is important to us. We hope the following statement will help you understand how Ragan Communications collects, uses and safeguards the customer information you provide to us on our Web site.
Declining E-mail Offers
Company Commitment to Privacy
Linked Internet Sites
Changes to the Internet Privacy Statement
Reproduction and Reuse
Personal Use and Multi User Memberships
Disclaimers and Limitations of Warranties
Termination of Site and Site Access
- Information Collection
- When you browse hrcommunication.com and have not registered for any online service from HR Communication, you browse anonymously. Personal information—such as your name, address, phone number or e-mail address—is not collected as you browse. Ragan may, however, use "cookies" to collect information about how our site is used. Information, such as the server your computer is logged onto, your browser type (for example, Netscape or Internet Explorer), and whether you responded to a Ragan banner ad or e-mail may be collected and tracked in aggregate. This information is used for the purpose of measuring response rates to banner ads and e-mail offers. Registration for Online Products and Services. In order to provide you with a particular product or service online, we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal or company information, including your e-mail address and customer number, for purposes such as correspondence, site registration, checking your account status, Invoices, statements and other pertinent information online, making a purchase, or participating in online surveys and enabling us to provide an online product or service to you in an efficient manner. If you are known to us as a registered user of a Ragan online service, we may combine information about your use of hrcommunication.com or other Ragan websites and the online products or services you utilize with certain other online and offline information we have about you as a Ragan customer and information you have provided to us as well as information available from external sources, such as trial subscription data, in order to customize your online experience and present you with relevant online and offline offers and updates. We also may use a "cookie" to enable our server to recognize you as a registered Ragan online service user when you re-enter our site.
- Information Use
- We may use information you have given us to, for example, provide a service, ensure proper product deliveries or billing, measure consumer interest in our various services and inform you about products and services. If you have provided your e-mail address to us or to a company we've partnered with to make their products and services available to you, we may send you e-mail offers. We may also send you e-mail offers if you have provided your e-mail address to a third party and have actively chosen or requested, on an opt-in basis, to receive e-mail offers from other parties. These offers may be based on information you provided in your initial transaction with us, in surveys, from information that may indicate purchasing preferences as well as information available from external sources. These e-mail offers come directly from Ragan. You can opt out from receiving e-mail offers from Ragan Communications as described below in the section, Declining e-mail offers. When we send e-mails to you, we may be able to identify information about your e-mail address, such as whether you can read graphic-rich HTML e-mails. If your e-mail address is HTML-enabled, we may choose to send you graphic-rich HTML e-mails. Please note that we do not provide your e-mail address to Ragan business partners. However, we may send you offers on behalf of our Ragan business partners. Keep in mind that if you take advantage of an offer from a Ragan business partner and become their customer, they may independently wish to send offers to you. In this case, you will need to inform them separately if you wish to decline receiving future offers from them.
- Declining E-mail Offers
- Company Commitment to Privacy
- This Ragan Customer Internet Privacy Statement applies to all visitors to our website. If you have questions about our online Privacy Statement or your account, please call Ragan Communications at 800.878.5331 or 312.960.4100.
- Internet Communication
- We at Ragan Communications are committed to the secure transfer of information via our website and take all current technological steps to ensure that, however communication over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, because the Internet is not a completely secure medium. We do not assume responsibility for any harm, loss, or damage you may experience or incur by the sending of personal or confidential information over the Internet by or to us.
- Linked Internet Sites
- You should be aware that other Internet sites to which you link from hrcommunication.com may contain privacy provisions that differ from the provisions of our Privacy Statement.
- Changes to the Internet Privacy Statement
- Changes to our Internet Privacy Statement will be noted here so that you can be fully informed about the privacy protections we provide and your choices with regard to our use of personal information for marketing purposes.
Section: Information Use
Description: This section was updated to reflect the fact that we do NOT share e-mail addresses with other companies. In addition, it reflects the fact that we may provide customers with graphic-rich HTML e-mails if we know if their e-mail address is HTML enabled.
- Copyright Notice
- All materials contained on this site are protected by United States copyright law and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published or broadcast without the prior written permission of Ragan Communications or in the case of third party materials, the owner of that content. You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from copies of the content.
However, you may download material from Ragan Communications on the Web (one machine readable copy and one print copy per page) for your personal, noncommercial use only.
Links to Web sites other than those owned by Ragan Communications are offered as a service to readers. The editorial staff of Ragan Communications was not involved in their production and is not responsible for their content.
- Reproduction and Reuse
- Subscribers may make one attributed copy of any document on this site for use within their organization. Subscribers may make multiple copies of documents listed under our “Tools” section only for use at the physical location of the account holder. Copies are not to be used across multiple locations unless a multi-user subscription specifically covers those locations. Documents in the Tools category include, but are not limited to, PowerPoints, speaker’s notes, training exercises, trainer’s guides, quizzes, certificates, checklists, training meetings, forms, handouts, letters, and samples. These documents may be customized at the subscriber’s discretion. Other reproduction or transmission of these materials, whether electronically or in hard copy format to anyone, including offsite employees, customers or others, is prohibited. None of these materials may be posted on the Internet or on corporate intranets without the permission of Ragan Communications, Inc. For additional reproduction rights and usage information, call 312-960-4501.
- Consultants may not distribute any of these materials to their clients without permission. To obtain such permission and information about associated pricing, please call 312-960-4100.
- Personal Use and Multi User Memberships
- Ragan Select is for your personal use only. You agree that you will not disclose your password to any other person nor in any way share or transfer access provided by your membership to anyone else. You agree that you will not permit access through a single name and password to multiple users on a network. Multiple-user memberships are available. Please call 312-960-4100.
- Disclaimers and Limitations of Warranties
- Although we make an effort to ensure that the information, analytical tools and data provided on this site are accurate, we cannot guarantee that the information, tools and data provided here will be error-free. This site and the information available through it do not, and are not intended to constitute legal or other professional advice. By using this site, you assume all responsibility for and risk arising from your use of and reliance upon the contents of this site.
References and links to products and services belonging to third parties are provided for your convenience and do not represent our endorsement of such products or services. Materials accessible from or added to this site by third parties, such as comments, are strictly the responsibility of the third party who added such materials or made them accessible. While we reserve the right to monitor third-party discussions and to remove materials that we believe are inappropriate, we neither endorse nor undertake to control, monitor, edit or assume responsibility for any such third-party material.
THIS SITE AND ITS CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON, ACCESSIBLE THROUGH OR DERIVED BY YOU FROM THIS SITE AND WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PURCHASED BY YOU THROUGH THIS SITE. WE LIKEWISE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY TO YOU ARISING OUT OF INTERRUPTION OR DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR SOFTWARE AS THE RESULT OF ACCESSING OR OTHERWISE USING THIS SITE. WE NEITHER WARRANT NOR REPRESENT THAT THE SERVICES OR INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE WILL ENABLE YOU TO ACHIEVE ANY PARTICULAR RESULT OR OUTCOME, LEGAL, ECONOMIC, EDUCATIONAL, OR OTHERWISE. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING LOST REVENUES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOSS OF DATA ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THIS SITE. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY OF THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS IS INEFFECTIVE, YOU AGREE THAT OUR MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO YOU SHALL BE THE TOTAL OF THE FEES THAT YOU HAVE PAID TO US IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS TO THIS SITE AND/OR FOR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THAT YOU HAVE PURCHASED FROM US THROUGH THIS SITE.
- Termination of Site and Site Access
- We reserve the right to change the contents of this site or to discontinue it at any time, as well as the right to deny access to the site to any person whom we have reasonable grounds to believe may be using the site for an unlawful or unauthorized purpose or in a manner that may harm us.