Frequently Asked Questions
- Ragan Select membership access:
- Mailing list:
- Reprints & permissions:
- Smart phone applications:
- Ragan Select membership:
- Returns & refunds:
- Federal tax ID number. (return to top)
- Q. What is your federal tax ID number?
- A. 36-2837061
- Payment options: Domestic (USA) orders. (return to top)
- Q. How can I pay for my subscription?
- A. Payment Options: Domestic (USA) Orders
- We accept payment by check made payable to: Lawrence Ragan Communications, Inc.
- We accept payment by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express/Optima)
- We accept wire transfers and ACH payments. Please contact a customer service representative at email@example.com or phone at 800-878-5331 or 312-960-4140, for banking information.
- Payment options: International orders. (return to top)
- Q. What currencies does Ragan accept?
- A. Payment Options: International Orders
- We accept payment by check or demand draft in convertible foreign currency drawn on foreign banks made out to: Lawrence Ragan Communications, Inc.
- We accept payment by check or demand draft in US dollars drawn on US banks made out to Lawrence Ragan Communications, Inc.
- Note: We do NOT accept checks or demand drafts in US dollars drawn on foreign banks
- We accept payment by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express/Optima)
- We accept wire transfers and ACH payments. Please contact a customer service representative at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 800.493.4867 or 312.960.4140, for banking information.
- Receipts. (return to top)
- Q. Can you send me a receipt?
- A. Please call 800.878.5331 or e-mail our customer service department to request a receipt. One of our representatives would be happy to fulfill your request.
- Remittance address. (return to top)
- Q. Where do I send my payment?
- A. Our remittance address for all payments is: Lawrence Ragan Communications, Inc. 111 E. Wacker Dr., Suite 500. Chicago, IL 60601.
- Trial subscriptions. (return to top)
- Q. Why am I receiving bills with a Trial Subscription?
- A. We realize that it is confusing to receive an invoice at the start of your risk-free subscription. But we have found that this is the best way to insure that the many people who choose to continue receiving the publication after the trial period do not have their service interrupted. You are welcome to wait until you have received all three of your trial issues before making a decision. If you choose to pay early, please be reassured by our full money-back guarantee.
- W-9 form. (return to top)
- Q. My company needs a W-9 form in order to submit payment. To whom do I submit this request?
- A. A downloadable W-9 Form (PDF) is available here.
- Wire transfers. (return to top)
- Q. Do you accept electronic (wire) transfers?
- A. We accept wire transfers and ACH payments. Please contact a customer service representative at email@example.com or phone at 800-878-5331 or 312-960-4140, for banking information.
- Mailing list addition requests. (return to top)
- Q. How can I add my name to your mailing list?
- A. Click here to join our mailing list.
- Mailing list deletion requests. (return to top)
- Q. How do I get my name removed from your mailing list?
- A. If you are a Ragan customer:
You have the option to choose what type of mailings you receive from Lawrence Ragan Communications, Inc. Simply login to your account using the "Sign In" link above. Once your account has been accessed, click on the Change Address link. Your current address will appear, and you will see a link for Preferences in an area titled Privacy Preferences. Click on that link, and you will have the ability to select what type of correspondence you are willing to receive from Ragan by both postal mail and e-mail.
If you are not a Ragan customer:
You may contact our customer service department or call us at 800.878.5331 to be removed from our mailing lists.
Please note that Ragan often obtains names from outside sources. Unfortunately we have no ability to stop mail from reaching you from sources other than Lawrence Ragan Communications, Inc.
- Ragan Select membership. (return to top)
- Becoming a member. (return to top)
- Q. How do I become a Ragan Select member?
- A. There are two easy ways to become a Ragan Select member: join online or call Ragan customer service at 1.312.960.4140 or 800.493.4867
- Length of membership. (return to top)
- Q. How long is my Ragan Select membership?
- A. Your Ragan Select membership is valid for one year from the date you make payment. After signing up, you will receive email confirmation verifying when it begins.
- Membership benefits. (return to top)
- Q. What are the benefits of Ragan Select membership?
- A. Ragan Select membership gives you access to archives, toolkits, significant discounts on every product and event—and more. Here’s a listing of all Select member benefits:
- Unlimited access to all articles archived on our Web site
- Free toolkits
- Discounts on conferences, workshops, webinars and virtual workshops
- Discounts on reports and manuals
- First Draft online—FREE
- Ragan newsletters delivered to your address for $59 per subscription
- Membership discounts. (return to top)
- Q. How do I take advantage of my Ragan Select discounts?
- A. There are two ways to ensure you get your Ragan Select discounts:
- When ordering online, be sure to log in. This will let the system know to give you only Select pricing.
- When calling in an order, make sure to tell the customer service representative that you are Select.
- Membership renewal. (return to top)
- Q. How do I renew my membership?
- A. Ragan Select membership is open-ended. You will be billed annually.
- Sharing membership. (return to top)
- Q. Can I share my Ragan Select membership?
- A. Ragan Select is for your personal use only. By signing in you agree that you will not disclose your password to any other person nor in any way share or transfer access provided by your membership to anyone else. You agree that you will not permit access through a single name and password to multiple users on a network.
Multiple-user memberships are available. Please call 312-960-4101.
- Transferring membership. (return to top)
- Q. How do I transfer my Ragan Select membership?
- A. Simply call Ragan customer service at 1.312.960.4140 or 800.493.4867 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to adjust your membership in any way.
- Updating your contact information. (return to top)
- Q. My address/phone number/e-mail address has changed—how can I update my records?
- A. After logging in to your Ragan Select account, click on “My Account” at the very top, right-hand side of any page. From there you can change your address/privacy preferences, update/change your e-mail address and password and even renew your subscriptions. You will receive an e-mail confirmation of any changes.
A valid email address is required in your account records at all times.
If you need additional help, simply call Ragan customer service at 1.312.960.4140 or 800.493.4867 or email email@example.com.
- Ragan Select membership access. (return to top)
- Accessing your account. (return to top)
- Q. How do I access my Ragan Select account?
- A. Click on “Login” on any page. It’s always in the same spot—the very top right. Then use your email address and personally-created password to get into your account.
- Password. (return to top)
- Q. What is my password?
- A. You create a unique password when signing up for Ragan Select. This ensures that you are able to access your account online.
- Problems logging in. (return to top)
- Q. I’m a Select member, but I’m getting an error message when I log in. What’s the problem?
- A. If the payment for your Ragan Select membership has not been posted to your account, you will not be able to log in, access archives or receive Select discounts. Call 1.312.960.4140 or 800.493.4867 to verify that there are no problems with your payment status.
- Reprints & permissions. (return to top)
- Reprinting articles. (return to top)
- Q. Can I reprint articles from a publication?
- A. Photocopying and reprinting requests are reviewed on a case by case basis
Please call 800.878.5331 for details.
- Returns & refunds. (return to top)
- Refunds. (return to top)
- Q. Where is my refund?
- A. Please allow 4-6 weeks from the time you request a refund before calling to inquire after it. Refunds are processed approximately once every 1-2 weeks.
- Returns. (return to top)
- Q. Where do I return this product?
- A. Please send all return products to:
Lawrence Ragan Communications, Inc.
1-9 East Spring St
Freeport, IL 61032
Please be sure to include the original invoice in the box with the product. If you have not yet received your invoice, please call our customer service department at 800.878.5331 to determine your customer and order number. This information will be useful in crediting your account.
We recommend shipping the item via UPS or Federal Express. This allows us to trace the product in the event that it is lost in the mail and you are charged for it.
- Subscriptions. (return to top)
- Back issues. (return to top)
- Q. Can I get back issues?
- A. While all issues are available online, print copies of back issues are available while supplies last. Call us for details at 800.878.5331.
- Free gift sets. (return to top)
- Q. Where are my free items?
- A. All free gift sets are mailed out after payment is received on a subscription. These items are sent via fourth-class mail, book rate. They can take up to eight weeks to arrive. Please allow eight full weeks from your payment date before calling to inquire after them.
- Missing issue(s). (return to top)
- Q. I never received a particular issue. What do I do?
- A. All monthly publications are scheduled to arrive around the first of the month. If you have not received an issue, please verify with your internal mail distribution center that it has not been misplaced or delivered to the wrong person.
In order to ensure that your issues are delivered to you, please provide as much detailed information for the mailing label as possible: full name of recipient, physical street address, suite number, floor number, or mail code. If you need to make changes to your mailing address, please refer to how to update your mailing address. If problems persist, we recommend changing the mailing to the home address to guarantee delivery.
Other reasons you may not have received an issue:
- It is possible that the Postal Service is not delivering copies of your newsletter. Please call our customer service department at 800.878.5331 to verify that your correct address is on file. Occasionally, issues can be damaged or lost in the mail. We will replace any issues within 90 days of the publishing date. Just let us know what you need.
- We may not have received your renewal instructions. If we do not receive your renewal instructions before the address labels for the last issue on your subscription are generated, you'll miss the next issue. That means we need your renewal instructions at least six weeks prior to your subscription's expiration date.
- We haven't received your payment. When we receive your "bill-me" order, we will send you several issues of the magazine in good faith. If we don't receive your payment, we will suspend your service after the promised three free issues have been sent. If you have sent your payment, please contact us to verify receipt.
- Sample issues. (return to top)
- Q. Can you send me a sample of your publication?
- A. We offer a risk-free trial of three current issues on any publication. An invoice will accompany the issues, although you are under no obligation to pay.
The invoice is offered for your convenience: if you like the publication and would like to subscribe, simply honor the invoice. If the publication is not meeting your needs, mark the invoice "cancel" and fax it to us at 312.960.4106 or call 800.878.5331. The issues are yours to keep, regardless.
- Telephone number for subscription questions. (return to top)
- Q. What phone number should I call to get the quickest answers to subscription questions?
- A. The best and fastest way is to call us at 800.878.5331. The people on the phone want to help, and they have immediate access to your subscription records. If they need additional information from you, you can provide it.
When you call, it would be helpful to have a mailing label handy. There are important codes on the label that we can use to access your account quickly. The order number from an invoice can also provide us with useful account information. Otherwise, we can access your account by name, company name, or your e-mail address.
- Your first issue: Domestic subscriptions. (return to top)
- Q. When will I see my first issue?
- A. Domestic (USA) Subscriptions
You should allow at least 10 business days from the date you place your order to when your first copy arrives. If you are experiencing an unusual delay, please call us at 800.878.5331.
- Your first issue: International subscriptions. (return to top)
- Q. When will I see my first issue?
- A. International Subscriptions
International subscribers should allow three weeks to receive their first issue. If you are experiencing an unusual delay, please call us at 800.878.5331 or 312.960.4100.
- Smart phone applications. (return to top)
- iPhone. (return to top)
- Q. Does Ragan offer an iPhone application?
- A. Yes! You can download our FREE iPhone application at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ragan-news/id372049884?mt=8.
- Other. (return to top)
- Q. Does Ragan offer a smart phone application other than an iPhone (Blackberry, Android, WindowsMobile, etc...)?
- A. Currently, Ragan only offers an iPhone application. However, we are working on applications for other devices and will make them available soon. Please check back here for updates.