Stupid things people do during job interviews
This story comes from our file marked, “Not the brightest crayon in the box.”
Kudos to CareerBuilder.com for sharing their survey on dumb things candidates have done during job interviews. We needed a chuckle.
“In a nationwide CareerBuilder survey conducted by Harris Interactive© among more than 3,000 employers, hiring and human resource managers were asked to rate the biggest mistakes candidates make during interviews and share their most unusual interview memories,” according to the CareerBuilder.com site.
Here are two highlights:
- 77 percent answered their cell phones or were texting
- 75 percent appeared disinterested
But wait! There’s more.
Many of those polled shared memorable or unusual situations:
- On the way to the interview, the candidate passed, cut-off, and flipped his middle finger at the driver who happened to be the interviewer.
- Candidate asked, "What company is this again?”
- Candidate wore a Boy Scout uniform and never told interviewers why.
- Candidate took off his shoes during the interview.
Can you top any of these?
It is nice to see that CareerBuilder also provided interview tips for candidates, such as do your research and keep things upbeat.
Read the complete article here.
Popularity: This record has been viewed 4789 times.