Creating a fun workplace? Be sure to set boundaries
You can’t assume workers know where to draw the line in workplace hijinks unless you establish some guidelines.
A fun workplace makes employees want to come to work each day. But you can’t assume workers know where to draw the line in workplace hijinks unless you establish some guidelines. Just follow these simple rules:
• Never let merriment compromise work, or endanger or inconvenience internal or external customers.
• Discourage practical jokes, which always have the potential for trouble.
• Don’t let people get their jollies at others’ expense, and don’t tolerate racial, ethnic, or sexual humor.
• Plan activities so people are less likely to act spontaneously.
• Caution that certain rules—such as dress and professional-conduct codes—are not to be broken.
• Encourage workers to use their common sense—and remember to use yours.
Popularity: This record has been viewed 2452 times.